Recycle with TerraCycle®
We’ve partnered with TerraCycle®, a social enterprise Eliminating the Idea of Waste®, to recycle components of Good Chemistry's personal fragrance. It’s free. It’s easy. It’s good-for-all innovation that recycles our packaging into new, useful items. Get started at terracycle.com/goodchemistry
While we make our products with the most commonly recyclable materials we can, our small componentry of perfume and body mist vessels can be made of multiple materials that are needed to prevent leakage and ensure proper safety and closure. Some of these bits and pieces can be recycled with your local curbside service and some cannot (yet!).
There are two ways to go about it:
2. Ship the empty packaging for free to TerraCycle®
How recycling with TerraCycle® works:
All you need is a do-good attitude, your well-loved personal fragrance products, and a box to put them in.
- Sign up at terracycle.com/goodchemistry
- Collect empty applicators, pumps, and caps
- Request then print free shipping label
- Send back to TerraCycle®
- Feel Good!
Once items make it to TerraCycle® they are cleaned and separated by material type. The materials are recycled into raw formats that manufacturers use to make new products. High Fives!
P.S. Home Fragrance containers are recyclable curbside, pretty please don't add them to your TerraCycle® shipment :)
What can I send in through this recycling program?
- Good Chemistry® perfume packaging including rigid plastic caps, rigid glass, rigid glass droppers, rigid plastic complex closures, and plastic rollers.
Can I only collect Good Chemistry-brand products?
- Yes, this free recycling program is brand-specific, which means you can only recycle the packaging of this particular brand.
Are there any costs associated with participating in this program?
- Good Chemistry has sponsored this free recycling program, so there is no direct cost to you.
What are the best practices for shipping my recycling to TerraCycle?
- We encourage you to ship when your box is full of Good Chemistry perfume packaging to minimize the transportation carbon footprint for this program. UPS will not accept dripping packages, so please make sure your items are dry.
Do I need to clean the items before I send them in?
- No, you do not need to clean the packaging before dropping it off, but please remove as much of the remaining product as possible before shipping.